Thursday, August 7, 2008

Chocolate Cherry Bars

I recently pulled out some of my cookbooks looking for different meal ideas (I found more desserts I wanted to try then meals). Here is a super easy recipe I tried, several of my family members liked it and since my friend gave me the great idea of posting recipes on your blog here it is. Megan you may remember this from the old Alma Second Ward cookbook?

1pkg. fudge cake mix
1tsp. almond extract
1 (21oz) cherry pie filling
2 beaten eggs

Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 9x13 inch pan. In a large bowl combine ingredients and mix together by hand. Bake for 25 to 30 mins.

Frosting: In a small saucepan combine, 1 cup sugar, 5 tablespoons margarine and 1/3 cup milk. Bring to boil for 1 min. stirring constantly. Remove from heat: stir in 1 cup chocolate chips until smooth. Pour and spread over chocolate cherry bars.

Next time I'll remember a picture. :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh! I am so glad you posted this recipe. I totally forgot about it. Yumm!! I will definitely be making it this week.